Enter your keyword


Questions you may have thought about but never asked

Japan FAQ

Frequently asked questions

Before even making it a reality, you’ll need the following items even before stepping foot in Japan. You’ll need to start the application procedure for a residency status. You’ll need the following items below:

  1. Valid Passport
  2. Japanese Visa Application Form
  3. A few photos (45mm x 45mm)
  4. Certificate of Eligibility Application
  5. Certificate of Elegibility Approval Form

It depends.

I know that’s not very helpful, but it really depends on how you want to live. You can live like a poor exchange student and eat ramen and spam all day, have a modest lifestyle – shop once a while and eat out now and then… or ball it up and get your driver to take you somewhere.

But on average, I’d have to say that it’s not expensive to live here at all. You’ll see some of my posts of daily life here showing you how much things cost.

Unfortunately I can’t help you as I’m married to a Japanese national. I don’t currently work for any company here, so I have no experience in this area. 

I went to the Japan consulate in Vancouver for getting the forms for my Visa application. I was applying under a sponsored type from my mother in law. I am married to a Japanese national, and that was indicated in my application.